Our Next Class will begin online, Monday, January 30, 2023, 2:00 – 3:30pm (ET)
Our later years bring us to a unique chapter in this sacred journey of life; a time when we are given both opportunities and challenges that we haven’t known before. We are being called into elderhood during challenging and uncertain times and looking to find the courage, wisdom and compassion to walk this path with dignity and grace.
As we face the ever-changing realities of our dear aging bodies, we are also drawn to deepen our spiritual lives, to turn our attention inward and slow down into our kinder, wiser selves. Aging offers us a time for intellectual, emotional and spiritual growth. We are getting better at accepting change. We are learning to let go and allow the grief that cannot be avoided. Yet, we are also enjoying a new sense of freedom as we leave behind earlier roles and definitions and claim and celebrate our authentic, older selves. This workshop series offers a roadmap for finding our way through this new landscape.
In this 8-week (90 minute each) class you will learn how to:
- Explore unexamined, self-limiting beliefs and assumptions about aging and learn how to become a conscious elder.
- Develop the skills of good-will, loving-kindness, mindfulness, self-compassion, forgiveness and self-care to cope more effectively with the stresses associated with aging
- Discover what gives heart and meaning to your life and how that can enrich your intentions for fulfillment in your later years.
- Identify regrets, sufferings, and negative self-concepts that may have kept you from more fully appreciating yourself and your life
- Minimize feelings of isolation and deepen your relationship with the world around you
- Practice Mindfulness Meditation, Free Writing and Relaxation for deepening into the present moment.
- Learn to manage your fears (and those of your loved ones) in the presence of illness and death through the transformative power of surrender and acceptance
- Cultivate a personal roadmap for your own aging journey by deepening your spiritual life and learning to make each moment matter
The workshop will focus on listening to our own inner wisdom and guidance, integrating talking points and best practices, sharing in intimate conversation circles, free writing/journaling and listening to the collective wisdom of the group.
- Introduction to Conscious Aging
- Aging as a Spiritual Journey
- Heart-Centered Practices: Meditation, Mindfulness, Compassion and Loving-Kindness
- Forgiveness, Surrender, Letting Go
- Life Review
- Our Dear Aging Bodies
- Death Makes Life Possible
- Creating and Embracing a New Vision of your life and Legacy
Tuition and Registration: Sliding Scale: $129 – $199 *– hoping that those blessed with ample means will give at the higher level to allow all to attend. To register, please contact Linda directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706 878 0036. (this is a land line – no text), or click this contact form. Classes are kept small. Once you’ve spoken with Linda to be sure there is a spot for you, she’ll send you the Zoom and registration information along with class guidelines.
Comments from Previous Participants:
For self-discovery, reflection and awakening about our own aging, I would highly recommend this class! Linda is an expert facilitator and there are many resources recommended for further exploration of the topics.
This class exceeded all my expectations. I learned so much and feel less anxious and more optimistic about growing older. Linda is a delightful leader who is warm and kind and very well-informed.