This uplifting 8-week Conscious Aging Workshop will be offered again beginning in late spring 2022
In our youth-oriented culture, there is often anxiety and stress about aging, and rightfully so, since our later years can be quite challenging. Yet these years can also be a time of opportunity for spiritual, emotional and psychological growth and understanding.
In this 8-week (90 minute each) class you will learn how to:
- Explore unexamined, self-limiting beliefs and assumptions about aging and learn to make better choices about how to age more consciously
- Develop the skills of good-will, loving-kindness, mindfulness, self-compassion and self-care to cope more effectively with the stresses associated with aging
- Discover what gives heart and meaning to your life and how that can enrich your intentions for a healthy aging process
- Identify regrets, sufferings, and negative self-concepts that have kept you from more fully appreciating yourself and your life
- Minimize feelings of isolation and deepen your relationship with the world around you
- Practice Mindfulness Meditation, Mindful Movement and Relaxation for deepening into the present moment.
- Learn to manage your fears (and those of your loved ones) in the presence of illness and death through the transformative power of surrender and acceptance
- Cultivate a personal roadmap for your own aging journey by deepening your spiritual life and learning to make each moment matter
The workshop will focus on listening to our own inner wisdom and guidance, integrating talking points and best practices, sharing in intimate conversation circles, free writing/journaling and listening to the collective wisdom of the group.
- Introduction to Conscious Aging
- Self-Compassion and Loving-Kindness
- Life Review
- Transformative Practices (meditation, mindfulness, relaxation)
- Death Makes Life Possible
- Surrender – Letting Go
- Creating a New Vision of your life
Tuition and Registration: Sliding Scale: $120 – $180 *– hoping that those blessed with ample means will give at the higher level to allow all to attend. The class is kept small and currently two spaces left to fill. To register, please contact Linda directly at email@example.com or 706 878 0036. (this is a land line – no text). Once you’ve spoken with Linda to be sure there is a spot for you, she’ll send you the Zoom information and class guidelines.
Comments from Previous Participants:
For self-discovery, reflection and awakening about our own aging, I would highly recommend this class! Linda is an expert facilitator and there are many resources recommended for further exploration of the topics.
This class exceeded all my expectations. I learned so much and feel less anxious and more optimistic about growing older. Linda is a delightful leader who is warm and kind and very well-informed.